My first inspiration came from the DIY club. These pots were made with chalk paint and sealed with patio paint. Click on the link above for the complete tutorial.
I also liked the more distressed look of these pots at shelternes.com. This idea used candle wax and whatever type of paint you already have on hand.
I tried a couple looks on my pots before settling on the finished product.
Attempt 1: Straight Acrylic and sandpaper
|applied acrylic paint all over pot|
rubbed pot using a damp t-shirt rag
|the rag wasn't distressing enough|
so I turned to sandpaper
In the end, I wasn't really happy with Attempt 1. It just didn't "look right" to me.
Attempt 2: Paint Wash and terry cloth
|I created a paint wash with the acrylic and water,|
then re-coated the pots.
if it seemed too dark, it was given another paint wash of
a lighter acrylic paint
|then each pot was rubbed with a |
damp terry cloth...
much better than sandpaper or a t-shirt rag
|paint wash success the first time!|
|just needs some patio paint sealer and then...|
ready for the garden!
Pick of the Bunch at Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Click Here for Anything Blue Friday @ The Dedicated House