Bird Feeder Wreath


 This is an adaptation of an idea found at The Garden-Roof Coop. Hers was built to accomodate seed. Mine was assembled for a block of suet. As early spring moves into summer I plan on tweaking the feeder to hold seed.

Traded out the floral wire for a white wire hanger instead. 
Better stability.

 MATERIALS:
$Store Wreath (I would have picked up a bigger one, but this was all they had.)
Block of Suet
Mesh bag from produce...this held oranges once upon a time
Wire
Sticks
Optional: evergreen to decorate the wreath


Such a dismal day to take pictures...but that is spring for you. Here you can see the buds starting to pop open. I've heard the birds, now we hope to see them more as they migrate back and stop for a snack.


view from sidewalk

View from my couch, literally sitting on my favorite corner. It'll be nice to sip coffee and watch the birds, or squirrels, pick away at the suet. Hopefully the HOA won't complain about the feeder...they are getting so anal lately. 

And I look forward to the sun warming up the day while the green leaves brighten the view. :)


Comments

  1. What a great idea! I love your bird feeder. So creative. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you join the party. Have a wonderful weekend. :)
    hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! I love the idea of using a wreath. Happy Spring :) Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment