A Greenless "Green" Wreath

Happy Spring!
In true Colorado form, the first weekend of Spring brought snow and ice. I'm getting antsy for flowers and green things (that aren't found stuck in my teeth). While Mother Nature throws a temper tantrum, or is it Jack Frost who's being moody?, I'll just prep my home for Spring. By the time it warms up and stays that way, I'll be ready to jump into the garden and get dirt under my nails.


Materials:
cardboard (I used the cardboard from a frozen pizza.)
twine (found this at the Dollar Tree)
scrap fabric (leftover drop cloth and an old denim skirt)
sewing machine (or a needle, thread, and patience)
stuffing (I gutted a curb alert freebie throw pillow)
decorations
optional: bunny stencil 
I printed one from Google images, or you could draw one


Depending on what you have on hand, this is a free project full of upcycles and reused items. My favorite kind of project!


For decorations I used a variety of flowers. 
These were purchased from 3 Cords, a non-profit that benefits Haitian amputee women. Click here: www.3cordshaiti.com to learn more and check out other items. 

I also made a ribbon flower from http://www.oneprojectcloser.com. She has an amazing tutorial for these easy to make flowers. I've made several already for a MOPS project that I'll share later. 

I totally adore this reversible bunny. Its dark denim on the back (forgot to take a pic before pinning to the wreath). I already want to make more with different fabrics. 



Time to snuggle under a blanket with a cup of hot cocoa...I'll have to put the lemonade on hold...

Comments

  1. Adorable! Just pinned! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day and weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this little Easter wreath? I just adore this! Thank you for sharing it with us on Twirl and Take a Bow...Come back any Tuesday and link up another fabulous project with us! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment