Give Thanks Porch Sign: Craft-Stash Shopping

Just showing off this seasonal porch sign. It turned out so much better than I hoped so I want to brag a little. Indulge me a little as I toot my own horn.

My husband and the neighbor spent a long Saturday replacing a fence that spanned both properties. They also replaced the gate on ours. Most of the wood was rotten and gross, hence the need to replace it all. The gate and a few other boards were in better condition, they must have been replaced at some point by the previous owners. I'm not one to let a good board go to waste so I hauled that gate into the back yard. 

And my friend's ear must have been buzzing because shortly after that she texted me asking about porch signs. Its a crafting date! We combined paint, brushes, and stencils and got to work. I wish I'd taken a picture of her board but I didn't. It was super cute. 

Nothing new was purchased for this project, it was a craft-stash shopping kind of project. 

Image result for jacobean stencilI used my favorite flower stencil: jacobean. Originally purchased from Michaels, I think. It's been a while. 

Using a combination of red and orange paint I dabbed the flowers on. The leaves are just one color. Later I used a fine-tipped paintbrush to add an orange dot to the middle of the open-faced flowers. 

I really like the different shades in the flower petals. 

Using a small paintbrush I continued the letters in between the boards. 


I just adore the bottom paint layers! The base paint color was Tuscan Teal and Viridian Green by Apple Barrel. There was a third color mixed in...but I forget which one.


Black paint was brushed around the edges for a more finished look. 


A couple of my kiddos joined in the fun and made their own seasonal signs. My daughter went with Thanksgiving and used her handprint for the turkey. Isn't it adorable? I'll treasure this homemade memory for years to come.


My littlest went with a snowman. He needed some help with the nose but the rest is all him. It's so cute! He took this pic himself. My mom heart is glowing with pride! 

And a few more pictures of this gorgeous sign! I love coming home to this pop of color. 




Happy Thanksgiving! 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, the colors are outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I like when all my favorite colors are mixed together.

      Delete
  2. OMW, yes!! Those colors. What a beautiful combination. It would make me happy coming home to a sign like that too. And how cute is that snowman and the little turkey. I bet they'll both take pride of place in your decor for many years to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love shopping my own stash for things to create - your sign is beautiful! Love the finish on the wood and the colors you chose. But that snowman . . . how stinkin' cute is that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I am proud of my kiddos budding art skills.

      Delete

Post a Comment