Candy Corn Garland


Totally Green Crafts is having Totally Green Contest which ends this Friday, Sept. 28th.  The challenge was: a cardboard box, any cardboard box. After raiding our recycle bins I settled on the purple diaper wipes box in the background. The material is sturdier and seems a better fit for garland that will hang outdoors.

Also, partying at Catch A Glimpse Party 100 Catch a Glimpse Buttonhttp://www.aglimpseinsideblog.com/


Materials Already-On-Hand:
Cardboard Box
Candy Corn Template from Google search
White Spray Paint
Black Spray Paint
Twine
Glue Gun (not pictured)
Modge Podge (not pictured)

Materials Bought:          Project Cost: $4ish 
Yellow, Orange, and White Acrylic Paint  $3ish at Hobby Lobby
Animation Face Stickers  $1 at Walmart


Step 1: Use template to cut out desired amount of Candy Corn. My box yielded 11.
Optional: Spray paint white.

Step Two:
Paint. I used two coats, even with the white spray paint covering up the cardboard.

Step Three (optional): Since this is a Halloween decoration I opted to spray the twine black. I'm sure black cord or yarn would also work but I didn't have any on hand.


Step Four: 
Place Face Stickers on Candy Corns. My 4 1/2 year old and 3 year old helped with this. (Just look for the Candy Corns with off-centered mouths or overlapping eyes.) I wish I'd gotten a picture of this! It was a fun time taking turns. They were just as excited about the project as I am! 

Step Five: 
Coat with Modge Podge or other sealant. These stickers were cheap and threatened to fall off easily. Plus they'll be outside prior to Halloween...and snow on Halloween is almost a guarantee! 

Step Six:
Use Glue Gun to attach Candy Corns to twine. Tacky glue could work, too, but the glue gun dries faster.

Step Seven: Hang up! 


Close ups of each Candy Corn:

Miss-Pink-Wiggly-Tongue snuck into two pictures.
Camera hog
.

Guess which one my 3 year old did? 

My 4 1/2 year old, always the girly girl,
loved the pink bow!


Comments

  1. Hi, Thanks for stopping by! I have added you to the 101+ Candy Corn Tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to stop in and say HI and thanks for the comment at Inspiration Cafe recently. I couldn't follow through the comment so I finally found you through a google search. We appreciate your visit! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment