Materials Needed (Oil): Materials Needed(Jar):
Cinnamon Old Spagetti Jar
Carrier Oil Burlap Cloth
Pan or Pot Twine
Muslin Chalkboard Paint
Strainer Hot Glue Gun
Funnel Cinnamon Sticks
Glass Bowl Chalk
Dark Colored Storage or Jar
To Make the Decorative Jar:
1. Spray Chalkboard Paint on Lid, allow to dry, repaint as needed
2. Cut Burlap to size of Jar, fray edges if desired
3. Hot Glue to Jar
4. I had an extra strip left over so I glued it around the middle
5. Wrap twine around as many times as you'd like, hot glue into place
6. Add Cinnamon Sticks if desired, hot glue into place
To Make the Cinnamon Essential Oil:
1. Place the ground cinnamon (around 1/2 cup) or cinnamon sticks (5-10) into the pan along with 2 cups of your carrier oil (preferable olive oil).
I used ground cinnamon.
2. Place on medium heat. Wait 3-5 minutes or until the cinnamon starts to heat up. At this point, you should be able to smell the cinnamon aroma.
3. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Over cooking can cause the delicate oils to be damaged.
5. Use a strainer and/or muslin to strain the cinnamon from the oil.
6. Use a funnel to transfer into your dark storage jar. A dark jar prevents light from penetrating the oil, prolonging the shelf life.
7. Store in a cool dark place.
Taken from: www.squidoo.com.
|my ghetto funnel|
|used chalk to label the oil|