Twine Wrapped Star

Take 2: Final Version

1st try: not diggin' it

Inspiration for my star came from ChippaSunshine. She has an awesome tutorial on her site. Check it out! Here is hers: 


I was too lazy to find my wood glue or glue sun. Each required climbing stairs...so lazy today! Went with Tacky Glue and haven't had any problems with it.



 I wanted my star smaller so I cut the paint sticks in half after I chopped off the rounded edge at the top. Instead of measuring each stick for its exact middle, I eyeballed it. (Again, lazy crafting day.) They didn't come out exactly even so my star has a wonky tilt to it, which I rather like. Gives it some charm.



Here is the first version with a Christmas ornament hanging in the middle. It wasn't quite working for me...not sure why since its one of my favorite ornaments. Guess it the two don't complement each other like I was hoping.


This is the lid for a take-n-back lasagna...after a good scrubbing! I traced the star ornament and cut out a star.



Using a thumb tac I punched holes all around the edge, then folded the star into a 3-D shape. Using a small length ornament holder I pinned it to the star and adjusted until I was happy with where it hung.



And here is the final version proudly displayed in my "star-studded" bathroom (see the toilet bowl cleaners below? Tacky photo bombers.)



Other star decorations in my "star-studded" bathroom:

Stars were a Craigslist Curb Alert find
found this quote somewhere online
paper from Michaels
         

Comments

  1. Awesome! Your star came out great! So glad it worked out. I love that quote and it is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love that it worked out for you. All of my improvisations end in disaster. Don't even get me started on "The Great Staple Disaster" of 2011...

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project at Simple & Sweet Fridays. The star is beautiful!
    Have A Happy Holiday Week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! Happy Holidays to you, too!

      Delete
  4. I love this idea, simple and chic. It's wonderful how many great things you can do with a little bit of time and twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh you are so crafty!! I so have some twine but I'm not sure I can bust out a star that rocks like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your star turned out great. I really love the simple tinfoil one in the center. Thanks for sharing at Our Favorite Things. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great use for paint sticks! I usually just use them to mark the plants in my garden! Thanks for linking this up with the Farmhouse Style Blog Hop! www.greeneggsandgoats.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment