My Word for the Year 2013


SAVOR
Rush, rush, rush! Hurry up! We'll be late, again! We don't have time for that. We've been so busy. Ugh! If my family had a nickel for every time one of us said that this past year...we'd be at Disneyland right now. lol

My personal goal this year is to slow down, cut out, and spend time on what really matters: things I enjoy. What I enjoy: my family, watching movies, loafing around, crafting, blogging, reading.

We've gotten to be a family of Human-Doings instead of Human-Beings.

My oldest heads to Kindergarten this fall, so this is our last few months with all of us at home. I want to savor these moments with her and my son before its gone. Once they are school age...well, those of you with older kids understand already. :) And then its back to work full time for me. I'm entering the twilight of  my time as a stay-at-home-mom.




2savor

 verb
sa·vored also sa·vouredsa·vor·ing alsosa·vour·ing

Definition of SAVOR

intransitive verb
: to have a specified smell or quality : smack
transitive verb
1
: to give flavor to : season
2

a : to have experience of : taste
b : to taste or smell with pleasure : relish
c : to delight in : enjoy <savoring the moment>
— sa·vor·er  noun

Comments

  1. I love it! That is a great word for the new year. Your goals are what we all need to be doing. Thanks for the inspiration and reminder. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment