Flannel and Fleece Pillowcase with Pocket

       
fleece side



    Learn to Sew Online




Learn to Sew Series Lesson #1: How to Sew a Straight Line Lesson One Tutorial

Instead of making the Burp Cloths like the project recommended I applied the same idea to a pillow case for my son. Per the  Learn to Sew PledgeMy lines won’t be perfectly straight the first day. Or the second. Maybe not even for a few months. Or years. That’s ok. Nobody cares. I’m doing my best.

Whew! I won't show it here, but there was some deviation from "straight" in this project. I've never sown with fleece before and the material is a bit stretchy. Live and learn!

 

The monkey flannel and the the blue fleece were remnant box finds. Score! Unfortunately the blue was longer instead of wider so there is a seam in the middle of the blue side but the material is so soft that you can't tell.

On each side I added a pocket for Curious George to sleep in. My son is nuts about George and monkeys are his favorite animals.
flannel side



The pillow is soooooooooooo soft. Think I'll make some for my husband and I. 

Comments

  1. I love this pillowcase! It looks so comfy! I love the fact that you used remnants...I am a sucker for the remnant bin...I don't think I have ever left JoAnn's without at least 1 remnant...hence the large stash of fabric in my workroom!!

    ~ Darlene
    Facebook = My Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for the remnant box, too! You never know when you might need it. :)

      Delete
    2. I love the remnant bin!...and this adorable pillow case you made. Thanks for linking up to the weekly creative.

      Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

      Delete
  2. So adorable! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Also, don't miss the Sweethearts Giveaway starting on Monday with over $2,000 in prizes. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I love the pocket idea - my daughter has so many things she needs to sleep with this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. The fleece is so soft. Lucky you getting it on the remnant table.
    Donna @onceuponasewingmachine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I found you on the Clever Chicks Hop and I would love to have you join the fun on my Creative HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and I need all the sewing tips I can get! Love that they started with a straight line! I really like how you put made a slightly different project than a burb cloth too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! It is so cute, too! You did a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So glad to have you share. Have a wonderful week. :)

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh what a cool idea! I bet it's nice an soft I'd want one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! What a fun idea making a little pocket for a cute little someone! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pocket too! Coincidentally I just posted a 100% recycled pair of little pillows, with pockets, made out of a couple of cute little toddler shirts. I need to find a cute little toy to put in one of the pockets.

    And thanks for checking out my "Ugly Orange Ottoman" makeover on Jan Made It. That's how I found you!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment