Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Organizing Hand-Me-Downs in the Closet: Monkey Boxes

I"m totally thankful for hand-me-downs and garage sale finds. Lately, though, my organizing of said treasures has slacked off and the bags have gotten a bit out of control. I"m not even sure what's up there, honestly!

Dear Daughters BEFORE top of closet
Step 1: Cover Boxes in Fabric
Tutorials for this are all over the web and Pinterest. Pick one that works best for you. I used hot glue to secure the fabric. Nothing against my sewing machine...just didn't want the project to take any longer than necessary.

Step 2: Decorate
Dear Son's AFTER 
(forgot to take a before pic)

One box is for large clothes/next season's clothes. The second box is for clothes that are too small. We sell the kids too small clothes via consignment shops so I save them up before making a trip there. 

I"m still finishing up my DD's boxes. We're going with flowers and butterflies....so many great ideas to try and we haven't settled on any yet. 

5 comments:

  1. Your boxes are so cute! They are such a great use of "trash"
    I wanted you to know I nominated you for a Leibster award... you can check it out here http://thesweetpeapod.blogspot.com/2013/03/leibster-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest wasn't around when I had my only baby. Good job on preparing- you'll have a lot to blg about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up at Fluster's Creative Muster. Hope to see you next week!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you decorated the storage boxes. They are so cute! Thanks for sharing this at The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feels so good to organize, donate and reuse!! You certainly have a great handle on all of that! I was reading your BIO-and saw that you are the craft coordinator for MOPS-my oldest daughter held that position last year and thoroughly enjoyed this very big responsibility!! You might want to check her blog out too-craftytexasgirls.com She is crafty like you!!
    Thank you for stopping by and have a very lovely Easter!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete