Recycled Kettle to Planter

Turns out that stainless steel kettles are NOT dishwasher safe. Whenever I wanted to "deep clean" the kettle I'd just throw it onto the top rack of the dishwasher with nary a thought. After about 3 or 4 washes the handle came loose, then fell off. Not helpful with a kettle full of boiling water.

What to do with a handle-less kettle?

recycled kettle to planter

Inspired by this Pinterest photo, the kettle was placed into my craft room to-do pile instead of the recycle bin. Couldn't find the original site for this photo, but its all over Pinterest.



oh yeah, this pansy was on clearance!
all because it was in a Mother's Day container

hammer and a nail for drain holes
added some rocks to help with the drainage

Love it next to my Strawberry Tower!

Now I'm looking around my craft room to see what else would make a fun planter!

The Dedicated House/http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. So cute! Creative planters can be so much fun! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that little tea kettle is adorable! I love how your topsy turvy strawberry planter. I also wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovw this idea! Beautiful! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so charming! The pansy looks sweet in the kettle :)
    Happy Summertime~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever idea! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! All your pots look great. Thanks for helping me think outside the box for potting plants. :-)
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I have an old one in my rummage pile right now. I may go scoop it out, paint it and plant something in it. Thank you!
    http://www.creativeramblingsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this idea. Hopping from Fluster Buster link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i saw that picture to its really rather good and i love your kettle very clever indeed i can see well dressed gardens up and down the country with kettles in their garden

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love finding creative planters for the garden too! Your kettle is just darling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment