The Transformation Process:
1. Remove Drawers and Inside "guts"
2. Replace bottom with random bits of wood and wood glue
3. Remove "decorative elements" (see arrow)
4. Fill holes (I used joint compound because its what was on the shelf. Maybe wood filler would work, too, but this table is faux wood. Is there a faux wood filler? lol)
5. Paint with homemade chalk paint... used 3-4 coats
6. Used spray sealer
7. Optional: Added contact paper to the top and inside bottom since this is in my son's room. His humidifier gets bumped often and contact paper seems easier to wipe up then deal with potential water damage.
Before and After
|oops! bit of contact paper is hanging off the top corner|
better take care of that before my son discovers
the "giant sticker" on top