Painted End-table


The bedroom to people ratio in our home just went heavy on the people side leaving us wishing for one to two more extra rooms, or even just a den. As a result, our "office" shares space with the dining room. Not all the furniture matches, which is being remedied. I figure, if it can't be organized, at lease it can be color coordinated.




what is on the camera lens
 fogging up this photo?


reality 

Some neighbors moved out, tossing a bunch of "trash" on the curb, including this end-table. Very functional, very plain.

Miss Plain Jane

my FAVORITE brown spray paint color
seriously, I wish I had more things to spray this on! lol

in hindsight: the pieces unscrew....could have avoided this 

The legs were painted Almond by Rustoleum. I love how the lighter color on the legs highlights the decorative curves.

love those legs!
Sealed with 2 coats of Polycrylic in a Clear Satin finish, my new favorite sealant. Unlike Polyurethane, the Polycrylic doesn't yellow. 

outshining those
80's style banisters

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, 
like its gonna stay this orderly
























Comments

  1. You transformed the "trash" into a true treasure. Good job of repurposing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so so cute!! I love the colors you choose! Good luck keeping it so neat and tidy, my house is more like your reality photo, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment