Candy Cane Jars and Chalkboard Tags

I found this adorable idea, here, at masonjarcraftlove,com, via a linky party...I visit so many and I can't remember which one it was. Anyways,  I didn't have any mason jars immediately on hand so I grabbed two spaghetti sauce jars from my glass jars collection.

the sharpie paint pen bled on this one, but I rather like it

I tweaked the process a bit because I was too lazy to make chalk paint. Just used straight acrylic paints, which is do-able since I knew I was going to coat with a matte finishing spray. **The only tip here is to be careful prior to finishing because the paint will literally peel off in stretchy sheets (while paint is semi-dry).



this is my favorite Christmas project this year


Also, on one jar I added a metallic red over the regular red  (the one with JOY on it). I love both jars either way and its nice to have a small variation among the pair.

Here's a 360ish view:




The adorable chalkboard tags were inspired from The Examined Life.
I used two paint pens: fine point and extra fine point.


These were gifts for co-workers and teachers. I used a homemade hot cocoa recipe featured HERE.



Comments

  1. Awesome job. You had me at red white and blue! Thank you so much for joining Twirl and Take a Bow on Tuesdays! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet idea! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love your project! I am infatuated with chalkboard everything, walls, valentines, ornaments, tags! I am going to pin this for next year...New follower...I found you through 504 Main linky party, and would love for you to visit my corner of blog land, LifeSimply at http://paulaboudreaux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift idea! Very whimsical and not too perfect! I like the funky way the paint has worn away in some spots. Love them!
    Cheers!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment