Cigar Box to Hospitality Box






Last year my sister gave me a shelf-full of cigar boxes. Her roommate paints designs on them and sells them in her shop.


Finally I've done something with one of the boxes...I'm such a scared-y cat in crafting with them. I've been afraid to alter it since it looks vintage in its original form (is it sacrilegious to the vintage trend to "un-vintage" something? lol).

                 ...but since they are just sitting on a shelf as basically a dust collector...its time to muster up some creative backbone and just do it!




Starting out, I created a Pinterest Board, which is turning into my modus operandi. How can I craft without first making a board? lol

Next, assembled a few items already on hand and then made a shopping list for the rest. 


Finally, straightening into my crafting backbone, I Mod Podged Belle onto the front of the box...after the initial dab of sealer it was a breeze from there. Just had to get the ball rolling. 

New Front



New Inside


Not Pictured: added a note card with our wi-fi password



A small basket worked fine since most bathroom supplies are already in the bathroom (thankful for open shelving!) 

This was my favorite find for the basket. Its in the travel-sized section at Walmart. 



Nothing terribly fancy but a little "something" to make our guests feel welcome. 
It'll be fun to add to this...magazines, lotion, etc. 


How do you make guests feel welcome? 





Comments

  1. Love it! We don't have anything that fancy to welcome our guests. Maybe that's why we don't have too many overnight guests! ;-) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute original idea!?! Currently, I have a wicker basket filled with all the goodies I get from the dentist along with a little sign attached be my guest. Thanks for linking up to Choose Save Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great and gorgeous idea, Audra! I bet your guests just adore coming over to your home every time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment