Friday, January 15, 2016

Greek Key Tray Makeover

Totally forgot to take a before shot because I wasn't planning on posting this makeover. Since opening the booth my time is limited when it comes to blogging (which I miss...). Anyways, this project turned out WAY better than I'd hoped for and just had to share it.






I found a similar tray like this one at the local thrift store. And the inspiration came from HERE via Pinterest. The only thing I did different was switch the type of tape. The painters tape on hand was too wide and I didn't feel like cutting in half, like the tutorial suggested. Time waster, right? Nope. There is always some thing new to learn.


Electrical tape was the perfect width, but little did I know that it would leave residue after removal. Extra time was spent with rubbing alcohol and q-tips to remove the goo without disturbing the paint. So much for saving time. haha






And here we are! This tray is sprayed several times with a spray sealer to make it more durable. And into the booth she goes!


This is the first time I've used the Greek Key pattern in any project. I rather like it, especially in the contrasting colors. Might have found a "pattern of the year" here, but time will tell. :) 


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the pattern, it's elegant. I see these trays all the time, never would've thought to do this. You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! You did a wonderful job.

    Thanks so much for joining the Table It Link Party and hope to see you linkup again next Sunday!

    XO,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! You are inspiring me to make over an old tray I have in the basement!! :)

    ReplyDelete