The Silver Troll strikes again!
(I've decided to name my trash-seeking alter-ego: silver mini van trolling the 'hood for garbage. That's me.)
A bit used and abused, this table was part of a moving purge. In addition to the tattered top it also had a screw loose, literally, one of the screws fell out underneath.
|water stains, melted wax, a sticker, and some mystery goo|
used my dremel (click here to see short tutorial).
Used Wood Conditioner before applying two coats of Early American stain & sealer.
I wanted more definition between the "boards," so I took a thin water color paintbrush and delicately applied Walnut stain into the grooves.
Finished off the top with two coats of lacquer.
The legs were first sloppily layered with homemade beige chalk paint. A white acrylic paint was then dry brushed sparingly. Lacquer sealed the finish.
The lighting isn't the best in any of these pics but you can kinda see the layered paint.
And here she is displayed in my booth. She went in around noon on Saturday and sold before closing. I've NEVER had anything sell so fast. Must make more!