For the Birds: a semi vignette


Whipped up a couple of bird feeders for the booth. It was inspired by this pin on Pinterest. It doesn't actually link to a blog, its just a picture.


I wanted something more rustic, rusty, and completely free. Mission accomplished. It was a pretty simple project. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Homemade stain. Love using this stuff since my work space is also the kids play space. You can see the bottom of the slide right above my "work bench." Work with whatcha got, right? 

Glued stained clothes pins to the front for the birds to stand on. 

Jump started the rusting process by sanding the cans and then soaking overnight in white vinegar. 


A blurry picture of my for-the-birds "vignette." There is so much more that could be added, nests, artificial birds, maybe a jar of birdseed. Baby steps here. Taking some ques from this article here: seven-secrets-to-merchandisingstyling-and-display. Step one is to group like objects together. 


I'm also taking advice from trends-from-round-top-2016, which states that vignettes rule. I have so much to learn still! And then put into practice which is usually the tricky part. 



PS. updated vignette

My time is pretty divided these days between kids, housework, booth work, side "job" as mom's taxi, and blogging gets the short end of the stick. Prior to finishing this post I added more to the bird themed vignette. Still room for growth but better than it was previously. 
My sister had passed on some old books which supplied the pages for this sign, even found an old bird illustration. Not for sale. 


TWEET garland, for sale. Also from sister's book collection. 


These were hand-lettered following different fonts and DIY calligraphy tips online. Just googled and clicked away until I found what was matching my vision. It was a fun project to work on. 


Nothing has sold from this particular shelf yet. Maybe it would have been a better earlier spring vignette. The summer is still young, we shall see. 

Sales are slow...but I think that is normal for this time of year. I'm out perusing garage sales, adn I'm assuming other bargain hunters are, too. 

Hope you all have a great 4th of July! 

Comments

  1. So tweet...I mean sweet! (Sorry. Couldn't resist!) I like your version best and that banner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including some good resources in you post - I like the bird themed grouping and it was interesting to see the progress from the first photo to the next as you added stuff.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment