Renewed Card Table turned Puzzle Table


Its been a few weeks since my last post. We moved and both started new jobs and we were (and still are) finding our "new normal." Our summer was a mix of fun and work that left little time for blogging. Inspired by Zumbo's Just Desserts we baked ourselves silly, we took walks to explore our new neighborhood, and I kept telling myself that I should really unpack a few more boxes or at least set up my craft space....but that isn't any fun.

Instead, I made time to make or upcycle things for our new home...and unpack the craft room as supplies are needed. I've wanted a puzzle table for a while now. Our youngest is no longer in the curious toddler stage so it seems a safe bet that he won't eat any puzzle pieces that are left out for an extended period of time.

Enter the ugly card table found next to a dumpster. It's rusty, its torn, it's a nasty green BUT its sturdy and free. Just toss a tablecloth over it and its perfect for craft fair setups.

A little TLC and it'll work well as a puzzle table.




Supplies were around $10 at any local big box retailer. Paint & Primer in one is the way to go for a quick makeover. Not pictured is a clear spray sealant for the paint. 

Supplies
Spray paint (&primer)
Contact Paper
Spray sealer
Exacto knife
E-6000 Glue
Packing Tape
Patience











The trickiest part was lining up the two pieces to create a continuous flow. Thankfully the contact paper was removable so it allowed for several attempts to line up the "planks."


Packing tape and E-6000 glue were used to fix and flatten a torn area. It's completely unnoticeable under the contact paper. 


An Exacto knife trimmed the edges. 

E-6000 glue was also used around the edges to secure the contact paper for durability. 




Ta-Da! 


Before and After  

Sitting quietly in our front room. I love the bay style windows in this room. I'm a big fan of natural light and this room is so pretty in the morning with the sun shining through. 

It's not getting a lot of action right now since we're outside so much, but come winter I'll be sitting here often.  

\





Adding to my to-craft list: chairs for this table. Right now we just drag the dining room chairs over. 

Pin-Friendly Pic

Comments

  1. Hi Audra - what a good idea for a makeover/redo for the card table - sturdy and now with a 'wooden look' top.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! It is nice to have the "look" of real wood without the wobbly interference that would come with real wood slats. Just perfect for a puzzle table.

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! And I love your choice of paper, I just eyed that one last week while I was trying to pick a paper to redo my pantry shelves. It looks great. Congrats on the move and I say enjoy the walks and the baking. The boxes will be there when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooh, that's a great idea to use it for pantry shelves! What did you end up going with?
      Yep, still unpacking boxes. We've given ourselves a year...sounds do-able! haha

      Delete

Post a Comment