Last Shot Fired---accepted my short story!

A little over a year ago I submitted a short story for an anthology. My former neighbor is one-third of the creative genius behind The Midnight Writers who put together this collection. The theme was Last Shot Fired. It was my first attempt at submitting a story and I was over the moon to find out my sci-fi themed story was selected for the anthology. Like sci-fi? Fantasy? Realistic fiction? It's all here in Last Shot Fired on Amazon.

Don't let the cover art fool you, it's not all dark stories ending in tragedy. Sometimes the last shot fired leads to a peacefulness for the characters. And sometimes the "shot" isn't a bullet at all. It's a theme that was open to interpretation.







Of course, I'm biased to the story on page 170. 😉 I tried to infuse the "last shot fired" with hope.



If you're already an avid sci-fi reader you may recognize some of the authors already.





















Or, if you're a writer, they are still taking submissions for the next anthology: The Alpaca-Lypse. Click Here to get the submission guidelines and entry deadline.










It still hasn't soaked in that something I wrote is in a printed book. A bit surreal. Its exciting enough to attempt another submission. Off to think of animals and the apocalypse!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Audra - holding your published story in your hands - priceless.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome Audra. Congratulations, such an amazing achievement

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment