Balloon Garland

This project is stupid easy. Seriously. If I knew balloon garlands were so easy I'd have made them sooner. I might just throw a party so I have an excuse to make another one!





Our school library is in the process of a refresh. Its where we update books, especially nonfiction. If its twenty years old or older, its gone. When a book says Pluto is a planet its safe to say that book is no longer relevant.

In addition to an updated nonfiction section, we also added several new titles in fiction and picture books. All fiction is now genrefied (organized by genre rather than author) and we've expanded the graphic novels collection. I can't keep Dogman, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, or Dork Diaries on the shelf!

To increase excitement over the new additions we had a mini grand reopening of the library. And what's a grand opening without balloons?





I started taking pictures of the process but why reinvent the wheel? Here is the link with super helpful photo directions (click here). There are plenty of helpful tutorials via Pinterest, too, with all kinds of helpful directions for shaped garlands.

Mixing up the balloon shapes helped give the balloon garland a fuller look. I could twist the little balloons into open spots between the larger balloons. The pattern pictured to the left is how I twisted my balloons together. I also added curled ribbon randomly throughout the garland. I wanted this garland to look festive!

 The chalkboard banner was $5 at Party City. It's double-sided so I can use it again!


The kids were super excited to come to their first library of the year. One sweet Kindergartener innocently asked, "Whose birthday is it?" I think this kid is on to something. Maybe the library should have a "birthday" party every year to celebrate reading. Complete with a balloon garland, of course!

**Thoughts for next time: make the garland longer so it can hang over the alcove opening instead of just above the door frame.**

 Happy 1st "Birthday" Library!

Comments

  1. Your balloons look great! Happy Birthday Library ha ha ha! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and love to colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attention getter - party is the first thought I suspect. Thanks for dropping by today.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate the Grand Reopening! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment