Wine Cork Pumpkin

Got wine corks, flannel scraps, large stuffy destined for the trash and a broken jacket? All that's needed to make a re-purposed pumpkin patch! Today I'll share my wine cork pumpkin. The fannel pumpkins are a bit more fallish and will debut in November.



Wine cork pumpkins are hardly an original idea but a super cute project none the less. Why do I have so many wine corks? They're not all mine, I swear! My sister started collecting them along with me, so together I ended up with more corks than I knew what to do with.

Recycled Wine Cork Pumpkins for FallThe inspiration for this project came from this photo that popped up on my Facebook feed.
You can get their amazing tutorial here:
https://www.homeroad.net/2019/10/how-to-make-recycled-wine-cork-pumpkins.html




My version:
Needed: wine corks
hot glue gun
orange paint (I used a variety to
keep it from looking too uniform)
random metal pieces
I'm trying to remember where I got the twisted wire pieces. I think it was from an old rusted crib mattress I took apart. Possibly. Anyways, they made perfect vine tendrils.

Kim Six Fix offered a tip to curl twine. Coat twine with the Mod Podge Stiffy and wrap it around a pencil. It dries quickly and holds well.


I like that this pumpkin is two-sided. When the orange of Halloween is over I can still use this piece throughout Thanksgiving by simply turning it around. 

front and back
 Has it snowed yet where you live? We've had a couple snow storms which were quickly followed by temperatures in the mid60s to low 70s. One evening we loaded up the fireplace to celebrate what we hoped would lead to the first snow day school cancellation. I even made tentative plans with a friend to take the kids sledding.


Alas, it wasn't meant to be. The predicted snowfall was far less than predicted. Maybe Mother Nature and the weatherman will agree this weekend and we'll get Monday off. Fingers crossed and sleds ready! 


Here's a sneak peek at the repurposed fabric pumpkins. I'm loving my patchy pumpkin patch!

Pin Friendly Picture


Comments

  1. I love these pumpkins. Susan is actually a close friend, you two would get along great. She is the queen of picking things out of the trash and transforming them into treasures...just like you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment