Bohemian Dream Catcher

Thanks to the Pinterest Challenge at mypinterventures.com I've been s.l.o.w.l.y turning my pins into completed projects.

To join next month's #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ May Pinterest Challenge

Let's meet this month's Pinterest Challenge hosts!Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop

Erlene - My Pinterventures  •  Jenny - Cookies Coffee and Crafts Lynne - My Family Thyme  •  Pili - My Sweet Things T'onna - Sew Crafty Crochet  •  Julie - Sum of their Stories Erin - The DIY Nuts •  Roseann - This Autoimmune Life Beverly - Across the Boulevard •  Kristie - Love My Little Cottage Ali - Home Crafts by Ali  •  Cherryl - Farm Girl Reformed Leslie - Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After •  Terri - Our Good Life Lauren - Mom Home Guide  •  Joanne - Our Unschooling Journey Shirley - Intelligent Domestications  •  Gail - Purple Hues and Me Audra -  Renewed Projects •  Kristie - Teadoddles •  Alayna - Alayna's Creations Marie - The Inspiration Vault  •  Susan - Suzerspace Lydia - Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen •  Terrie - Decorate and More with Tip  Emily - Domestic Deadline •  Marci - Stone Cottage Adeventures

This month's Pinterest found project was inspired by Denise at MyThriftyHouse who shared how-to-make-a-bohemian-dream-catcher. Her directions were clear and beautifully illustrated with her own gorgeous boho dream catcher. Worth clicking over to see!

When I found this idea on Pinterest I forwarded it to a friend who is all about boho decor. With both of us excited about the idea, we arranged a crafty-date while our kiddos played together. Win-win for all!

Together we meet at her kitchen table and combined our stash of ribbons and lace. I'm a craft supply hoarder and showed up with a tub of ribbons, lace, twine, embroidery hoops, and a glue gun. I still went home with a full tub, even with two of us dipping into 'the stash.' I've collected that much stuff...and that's just the ribbon tub!




Here is how mine turned out:


 I wanted pops of color in mine to create some visual interest. The only thing I'd do differently is to add more ribbon. Since I was working exclusively from a ribbon stash I was limited to what I had on hand. One day I might grab a couple more ribbons and add them to the back. One day...someday...which means I'll add ribbon when I find one that calls my name. Anyone else have craft supplies "speak" to them?

My bohemian dream catcher is displayed on our mudroom accent wall. I like how the soft textures compliment the reclaimed wood.

Pinterest Inspired Bohemian Dream Catcher



 

Now, let's see what the other hosts have created ⇓⇓


Comments

  1. I love dream catchers and have made several. I love that you incorporated color and did it with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, so glad to know that someone else's crafts stash talks to them Audra. My hubby thinks I'm nuts :D Love how your dream catcher turned out. Aren't they just wonderful to make

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment